Cheevaa-Holy Paladin

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Cheevaa-Holy Paladin

Postby Verhavert » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Personal information

Languages: English/Dutch/French
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): Around Xmas and newyears i will not be able to play, other than that, nothing specific.

General character information:

Name:Cheevaa
Class:Paladin
Raid Role: Healer
Battle tag: Cmiie#2633

Give justification for your talent choices:
T15:Using Bestow faith on progression most of the time due to mana efficiency, Crusaders might is my preferred talent when i don't have to move from melee and the encounter is on autopilot.
T30:Rule of law is the only potential healing increase talent and feels pretty baseline.
T45:Repentence mostly, altough mostly irrelevant in raid progression
T60:Aura of sacrifice's aura mastery is the best cd in the game when paired with personal cd's. Mercy got outscaled during the xpac and Devotion hardly has it's uses. So i'm taking sacrifice 99,9%
T75:I played around with Divine Purpose but i'm not feeling it. Holy Avenger with Tyr just sync's up way too good to pass up on. Even in mana hungry encounters, Divine purpose is so RNG i avoid that talent.
T90:Judgement of light <3
T100:Beacon of light most of the time. Virtue on M+ and has it's uses on Eonar type encounters. I like lightbringer beacon but not when i'm the only Holy paladin in the raid.

Give justification for your gemming and secondary stat choices.
I'm a fool for 50% crit. I won't go over 50% but i'm always aiming as close to it as possible. It makes holy shock reliable and works so well with 4set. On progression up to argus i went for mastery after crit but turned to haste on Argus. Haste IS the best troughput stat on Hpaladins with it's massive downside being that it completely drains your mana pool. The reason i went Crit>haste on argus is because mana is not an issue there so i went full troughput. Even tough it's unconventional, i trust my judgement on this call and don't regret doing so. I'm ofcourse open for discussion on this topic.

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear):
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... on/cheevaa

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional:
https://imgur.com/a/wmvtE

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?
Retribution is my prefered offspec. I do prefer ranged dps classes overal tough.

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history
2007-2009
Last Resort-EU
2009-2013
Envy-EU
2015-2016
Last Resort-EU
Ignite-EU
Envy-EU
What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?
Ignite: Dutch speaking guild that wanted to raid 3 days instead of 2 halfway trough Antorus. They didn't want to make the raids more efficient or work on personal play but just add an addition raidday. This sparked discussion and i took my leave cause i didn't want to commit 3-4 days a week bashing my head into a wall.
Envy:I was contacted by a friend after i left ignite to help on the final 2 bosses in Antorus. I took the offer and joined a struggeling envy. We killed argus around rank 350 with only extending on argus for 1 week. After Argus died, the guild divided in 2 camps (1side were the ex top10 raiders and the other side were the newer members). The discussion got out of hand and sucked all the fun out of the game for me that i just quit playing for 3weeks and we parted ways. I wasn't part of this topic but the mentality some of my old friends showed to the newer players was too toxic for my taste.

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (in 10, 20, 25 or 40 man raids, before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?
I started playing at TBC launch.. I joined Last Resort a couple of weeks before the opening of the Black Temple:
I finished TBC with top 10 world finishes for the remaining encounters, peaking at world 2nd kill on Illidan.
Wrath of the lich king:I phased out on tier 7 due to being unable to attend daytime raids.
Ulduar and TOGC had top 10 world finishes.
ICC25, Last Resort imploded after Putricide died and we wheelchaired our way to killing arthas.. Probably my worst raiding experience in the game to date!
Cataclysm: Joined Envy close after they were founded. The first 2 years were pretty crap. Good players, decent world ranks but the ego's spiraled out of control.
MOP: GLORY DAYS. Peak of my raiding carreer with Envy. Tight knight raidteam, and world ranks varying from top20 to top5!
WoD: Started off great finishing top 10 in both Highmaul and BRF. We started off smoking hot in HFC with world ranks 10again up to mannoroth. Internal issues caused a complete collapse and we went from top 10on mannoroth to top 1000on Archimonde. I quit WoW after Archimonde died, sold everything, never to return.
... or 'to take a small break'
Came back with a casual mindset in Legion with a group of friends. Clearing Mythic content for about 70%-80%.
Killed Argus with a rank 350 with Envy eventually but the atmosphere there wasn't my cup of tea.

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?
Not including overtuned encounters like M'uru or Yogg 0keepers..
I really did find Siegecrafter in SoO and Ragnaros in Cata to be my most challenging fights.
It might have been completely personal but we struggled there, The mechanics were extremely fast paced, everything hit like a truck and a death at any stage forced you to wipe because you would miss any dps checks you needed.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/237668#
This is my loggs page from my character on Kazzak. I don't know why i lost half my logs when i changed servers, but this is all i can show. There are only a couple of high end boss killed that got logged, and sadly it weren't the good ones.. But you'll find the information you need there in regards to cd usage, deaths, etc..

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?
Avalerion has been on my radar for a long time. 6hrs/week while clearing the content relatively fast is a pretty nice achievement to pull of tier after tier. My real life schedule has changed so a 2x3 hr schedule would fit me perfectly. I wrote this application to you because you are my prime choice. Legion has concluded and i want to find a home for BFA and onwards. My guild history has been too bumpy in Legion for my taste so i would like to settle down somewhere again.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?
I've raided on a world class level for years. I know WoW and all it's non-tank specs and classes extremely well and willing to play a lot of them. This application is not specificly for my Holy paladin either. There is ample time for me to reroll before BFA comes out and play another class or spec. The classes and specs i would prefer rerolling to for BFA: Any healer (except priest), Hunter, Mage, Warlock and Balance druid. I played them all at the highest level before, this was before the changed in Legion, but i'm confident in my ability to play them at the max level again.
These days i'm just a laid back guy in raids, who loves some banter outside of them. I enjoy doing some M+ but can hardly find the time right now and in the near future.
There is never a guarantee that i will mesh well with Avalerion, but i do think the chances are high that we will.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?
Resto Shaman ilvl 954 / Resto druid ilvl 961

Kinds Regards,
Verhavert

Main Character: Cheevaa

Re: Cheevaa-Holy Paladin

Postby Shedo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi Cheevaa,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, we are currently reviewing your application and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards,
Shedi
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Re: Cheevaa-Holy Paladin

Postby Shedo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Hi Cheevaa,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I am pleased to inform you that your application has been successful! Please contact an officer in-game for an invite or further questions.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications