Application - Aury, Unholy DK

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Application - Aury, Unholy DK

Postby Aury » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Personal information

Languages: English and Danish
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): None.

General character information:

Name: Aury
Class: Death Knight
Raid Role: Dps.
Battle tag: Aury#2454

Give justification for your talent choices:
As unholy dk everything is pretty straight forward, but goes as following.
T1: Ebon Fever, no competitor.
T2: Pestilent Pustules, other options are Blighted Rune Weapon, which can be used on high priority target swapping, and Epidemic which is basically just for Eonar padding xd
T3: Unholy Frenzy, no competitor unless you HAVE to cleave 3-4+ targets, then you go for Clawing Shadows. In current raid the power of Clawing Shadows doesn't really shine.
T4: Sludge Belcher at all times.
T5: I personally always go for Spell Eater in this row, seeing as it further improves unholy dk's survivability.
T6: Shadow Infusion for single target, Infected Claws for AoE.
T7: Dark Arbiter, no competitor unless you're on high AoE fights such as Eonar, then you go for Defile.

Give justification for your gemming and secondary stat choices:
Yet again very simply explained.
Dark Arbiter has certain breakpoints and the two that matter are at 25.14% haste and one around 34. Right now my output is higher around the 25 mark, so I gem and enchant to reach that if needed. Other than that, pure mastery.

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... strom/aury

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional:
https://i.imgur.com/cwwqJ13.jpg
Sorry about the shit quality, don't know if imgur butchered it or what happened.

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?
I can play all 3 DK specs, I highly prefer Unholy though. If 3rd tanking becomes a necessity, I'm all for it. Being gripbitch doesn't sit well with me though.

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history:
Never Lucky - A very casual guild with barely any mythic raiding, my goals changed and I left for more progress.
Diverse Society - Mythic raiding guild, at the time ranked around 1300 world on gul'dan, during Tomb of Sargeras progress, I felt like the pace was too slow, I wanted to push better rankings and moved on.
Murloc Death Squad - My time in this guild was relatively short as I applied to another guild at the same time and got accepted after Kil'Jaeden was dead, everything ended on good terms despite the short stay.
The Brigade - I joining this guild with my hopes high and a ton of motivation only to see myself fall short on it later on. I failed my trial, which from my point of view had a lot to do with my real life situation. I won't go into details about it on my application, but it basically meant that I got a bit disconnected from my goals. However, things are getting better and if it's something I need to expand on, feel free to write to me about it.

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?
Real life issues.

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (in 10, 20, 25 or 40 man raids, before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?
Emerald Nightmare 7/7 - No Cutting Edge
Trial of Valour 3/3 - Cutting Edge 27/4/17
The Nighthold 10/10 - Cutting Edge 15/6/17
Tomb of Sargeras 9/9 - Cutting Edge 16/11/17
Antorus, the Burning Throne 11/11 - Cutting Edge 4/2/18

Nothing else is of relevant level.

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?
I'd probably have to say Helya, since it was the first Cutting Edge I went for after I decided to raid at a higher level. So far the rest of Legion hasn't struck me as challenging.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:
I've got none of either, I joined The Brigade before Antorus, but they only had me in for rekills. If you want me to provide logs for rekills and such, give me a heads up.

WCL profile.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/923349

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?
I personally prefer raiding 2 days and the time investment included sits really well with me.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?
I always push myself to the limit regarding raid and class. I theorycraft quite a lot when it comes to unholy dk, so you can expect me to be up to date at all times. I seek to improve not just as a player but as an asset to the guild. I'm a very social individual and I get comfortable in new environments relatively quickly.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?
I'm currently gearing a windwalker monk and shadow priest.
Windwalker Monk - ilvl 966, BiS legendaries but missing 1 key tier piece, hasn't seen mythic though.
Shadow Priest - ilvl 950, Missing all key pieces when it comes to gear, relatively fresh as you can probably imagine.
Aury

Main Character: Aury

Re: Application - Aury, Unholy DK

Postby Shedo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi Aury,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful. Please contact an officer in-game if you require further information, we wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications