Application: Snew - Balance druid

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Application: Snew - Balance druid

Postby Snew » Fri May 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Personal information

Languages: Dutch and English
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): I go to college where I'm doing an ICT course to become a network manager, although I highly doubt that I will be unavailable due to exams or anything else related.

General character information:

Name:Snew
Class:Balance druid
Raid Role:DPS
Battle tag:YellowCat#2591

Give justification for your talent choices:
My relevant single target talents: Starlord, wildcharge, Guardian affinity, Incarnation: Chosen of elune, Blessing of the ancients and Stellar drift.
I'm using Starlord on single target because my empowered lunarstrike and solarwrath have a 20% reduced cast time and that makes it so that i can get alot more starsurges off during incarnation and I use Warrior of elune on aoe fights because I can burst and get my starfall out really fast, this mostly applies for mythic +
I'm using Wildcharge because I can get some nice movement in without shapeshifting and I can still spend my starsurges while charging away, rather than using displacer beast because then i'm still in cat form and it is some downtime on my damage.
I'm using Guardian affinity because its just really over powered, like you get 6% damage taken decrease and you get frenzied regen which is just so much healing its rediculous, it overrides all the other talents really.
I'm using Incarnation: Chosen of elune for pure single target fights that don't require any movement and if I can get two or more incarns out during the fight. Otherwise I would use a different build called Dad build which is a build where you use Soul of the forest instead of incarnation and keep your starfall down at the same time while keeping your t21 buff up and spend the extra Astral power. you also use different legendaries here.
Then I use Blessing of Elune for single target fights in both builds just because you gain more astral power from your solar wrath and lunarstrikes, for aoe I would use shooting stars because your dots have a chance to give you astral power.
And then for the last talent I use stellar drit, always just because of the fact that your starfalls do so much more damage, now you might think that you should use Natures balance on singletarget if i'm going for the pure single target no movement build. But actually because of the Bracer legendary its better to just use stellar drift.

Give justification for your gemming and secondary stat choices. I gem with mastery, because its our main stat because of our passive spell Mastery: starlight which increases starfall and starsurge damage, and the effect of solar, lunar and stellar empowerments. for my secondary stat is Haste because haste ofcourse makes you cast faster which is very handy if you are using Incarnation, Haste is also nice because your dots tick faster the more haste you have, which is quite obvious but i thought i would point it out anwyway.

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear):
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... emyst/snew

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional: https://gyazo.com/cb5575f7ee627ff02b6adf229a423e2b
I hope Gyazo is fine, I don't have imgur.

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression? Yes I do actually I play a resto druid quite often.

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history: So at the start of legion me and a couple of friends made a guild called Forgotten Scarlets, which was just a very casual guild on Bloodhoof, we did some EN normal runs n stuff nothing serious, but i wanted to seek some more progression. so on the same realm, on bloodhoof i joined the guild called Simple pleasures. me and some friends raided there till nighthold. killed like the first two bosses on mythic and then we decided to leave because it was a very toxic envriornment. Then I joined Angels of temtpation on the same realm once again also a casual raiding guild I joined at the start of tomb of sargeras. It was alot of fun raiding there I really did enjoy myself. But then half way through our progression the raidleader decided to leave because he wanted more progression himself. This really hurt the guild and it kinda started falling apart from there, alot of people started to leave and then after a while there where just a handful of good players left that where just boosting the rest of the guild. So i left. Then not all that long after, I joined Fortitude, now they where 11/11 hc in antorus so i thought that would be my best shot at a decent guild since the tier had just started and no one else had better progression that them. So i joined and all was good we cleared the first like four bosses on mythic, I started pushing alot of mythic plus at that time. I did alot of m+ with a resto shaman called Claylady, also in this guild, now there was some drama revolved around her and this guild that we where both in so she decided to leave the guild. Because I really understood what was going on I decided to leave aswell and just focus on doing alot of m+ since that was what i enjoyed most instead of just raiding for 9 hours a week and not getting anywhere. So basically I quite raiding for 1 month. Then Claylady pretty much quite doing M+ so I joined a guild on Azuremyst called Exiled, my current guild where I did 10/11 mythic now which is my biggest achievement so far.

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?
I want more progression for the next expansion pretty much.

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (in 10, 20, 25 or 40 man raids, before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?
I started playing in Legion but regardless of that I'm still a player that is seeking for more progression and expirience, although i'm saying this myself but people in my previous guild aren't really on the same level as me, I know this sounds very douche like. and I'm aware of what I just said but its simply just true.

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?
Honestly, Aggramar mythic was very hard. We had over 300 wipes in a two day raiding guild which was very tiring. It's just such a long bossfight and there are too many mechanics that you can just wipe too with in an instance of it happening, like if a flare is just a littlbe bit of or if some one dies in phase1 there is almost no recovering from that.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... emyst/snew

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?
I would like to join Avalerion because it seems like you guys are a bunch of nice people that are driven by more progression. We share the same mindset. I do not only want to join because we are like minded people, but because I feel like this is my goal to get into a guild like this. A proper guild in my opinion, a guild that doesnt mess around, a guild that actually puts in work.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?
I believe I will be of great value to Avalerion because I'm an upcoming player that is very driven and wants to progress. I'm a player with the right attitude, a positive mindset, some one who doesn't just gives up. I'm also very expirienced in mythic plus which is good because you get to use your abilities in all the most usefull ways possible, I'm currently rank 1 player of m+ on the realm. It shows really does show; I got bored of raiding half way through the tier so i started playing m+, now i'm almost 5k in m+ score. I really delve into my class, i know everything there is to know about balance druids. I read up daily on what there is new about druids, balance specifically. I keep an eye on ptr and what the people in the dreamgrove discord are saying.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?
I play a ret palladin 970 equipped. I will reroll to this class if Balance druid is not of any good in bfa, think of ret as my second choice.

PS: something that I would like to add, before my application gets reviewed or judged I have a few things that are hard to express into an application and are alot easier for me to just explain if we are on a voice com.

Thank you for your time.
Snew

Main Character: Snew

Re: Application: Snew - Balance druid

Postby Shedo » Tue May 29, 2018 9:01 pm

Hi Snew,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful. Please contact an officer in-game if you require further information, we wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications