Application- Mage YamiPauly

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Application- Mage YamiPauly

Postby YamiPauly » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:54 pm

Personal information

Languages: English
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): I work a 8am-5pm shift Monday to Friday which is kind of why im looking for a guild that raids 2 nights a week and starts later than 6pm UK time. I do have a young daughter however right now my entire basis of applying to you guys is because the raid times and days mean nothing in my real life would affect the raiding schedule.

General character information:

Name:
Class:Mage
Raid Role:DPS
Battle tag: Paulyboy#2339

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear):https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kilrogg/yamimage Currently doing some testing without the 2 set Tier 20 however if I am logged out in my test gear I do have 945 T20 gloves and 930+S Tier 20 helm.

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional: https://imgur.com/a/XnqtrmW

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression? I am more than comfortable playing Fire and Arcane.

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history: I started off playing in some pretty low end raiding guilds when I started playing back in TBC however decided that when Wrath came out I would really try hit it hard, at this point a IRL friend of mine decided that we would apply to a guild as a pair of raiding mages, we eventually found the guild Imperium on Nagrand and after negotiating the terms of our applications (My friends character was called Starkz so the agreement was that when moving we would rename ourselves to Starsky and Hutch) we then went on to join them and raid, it was during my time in Imperium I got the realm first Algalon achievement and realm first of the meta achievement.
I spent a while in Imperium but at the time I was rather young and was in and out of relationships a lot and ofcourse raiding kind of got put on the back burner, I never stopped raiding but all of a sudden raiding 4/5 times a week just wasnt a great move for teenager me, so I joined a few lower end raiding guilds (These were still guilds that cleared the content but a little bit slower).
I didnt really play much in Warlords of Draenor and eventually took some time away from the game returning at he start of Nighthold in Legion.
My plan was to not raid that much and just chill however that plan lasted a few months as i very quickly found myself in a nighttime raiding guild doing the first few mythic bosses in ToS, after trying out some different guilds with different raid times I eventually ended up in Meridies on Silvermoon doing daytime raiding (at the time I was working nightshift) however in November last year my company went into administration and I was forced to find a new guild, for a while I joined a friend of mines guild on Kilrogg called Wretched but the general atmosphere in the guild was not what I was really looking for and I then settled in a guild called Once again.
I Enjoyed raiding with Once Again and eventhough the raid times didnt really suit my work schedule I stuck it out as I liked the people in the guild and the progression was steady enough for what I wanted at that point and it was in Once again I killed mythic Argus (I never killed Mythic Aggramar due to a death in the family causing me to take a few weeks off raiding).

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild? After we kiled Argus people just stopped showing up for raids and the entire raid layout has completely changed, I have also been having a lot of thought about what I want going into BFA, I miss realm first raiding and I think that tactically that is always where my head has been at I.E watching boss tactic videos and doing research at work so going forward I wanted to find a guild that was pushing there server and world ranks along with a day/time schedule that suits me. Avalerion is literally perfect for me in those regards.

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?

EN/ToV- I wasnt playing where these were current
Nighthold- I came back as Nighthold started so never got past heroic PuG's really
Tomb of Sargeras- 7/9 however that includes fallen avatar and not Maiden, When I joined Meridies they were extending Avatar and I got brought in, after that we just extended KJ and got him to around 44% before taking a few weeks off before Antorus.
Antorus- 10/11 Mythic however this includes Mythic Argus due to me missing Aggramar as explained above.

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why? If im honest I think Fallen Avatar was a strange one for me because when I got brought in on Meridies progression they had already had around 250 wipes on him and although I joined them being told I probably wasnt going to be needed until Antorus I was brought in to avatar progression on my first raid. Im sure you guys will appreciate that as far as bosses go to be thrown in at the deep end go he is one of the worst however as I had watched videos and whatnot I did fine and within 5 pulls was assigned line duty. At the time I had been playing mainly frost but due to the overwhelming popularity of fire for Avatar I spent a lot of time just learning to play fire for that fight which also made it a bit of a test for me. Last but not least avatar posed a few other issues that mages often dont deal with in that as a boss fight goes blink wasnt as overpowered as it was on a lot of other bosses we have seen in legion as you constantly risked cucking other players when using it.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... wmag%C3%A9 I havent done any raiding since the patch hit that reset Warcraft logs but im pretty sure there is ways to observe individual boss kills.

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion? I have been looking around for a guild that is pushing there realm rank and server to the best of its ability while also raiding 2 nights a week at reasonable times, Due to my work hours I need a guild that raids after 6.30pm Uk time however doesnt raid that late either as I have to be up for work the next morning at 7am so your raid times are perfect, I have also been doing a reasonable amount of research and it would appear that you guys havent had many if any issues with your roster and that stability is what im after going forward to BFA.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion? Other than a small stint playing DH at he start of legion I have played mage for my entire WoW career and I have played at so many different levels, I am looking to go back to the days of wrath and Cata when I was really pushing myself to be the best , I have overhauled my entire PC setup, Internet and Peripherals to give me the best edge going forward that I can. On a lighter note im a really chill guy, I love Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh and the like and im a massive movie fan, If the missus and little one are in bed im normally sat on discord shooting shit with anyone I can get hold of and as WoW is the only game I play right now im always up for helping people out with random things.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level? I do still have my DH that is 110,maxxed out with his lego's and about 970 Ilvl however I dont really consider myself a great tank, but I can do it, and playing havoc makes me feel like my hand is going to drop off so other than the occasional raid now and then I tend to avoid him a bit.

Thank you very much for reading this essay and I really hope I get the chance to play with you guys going forward.

Many thanks,
Yamimage (Pauly)
YamiPauly

Main Character: Yamipauly

Re: Application- Mage YamiPauly

Postby Shedo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi YamiPauly,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful. Please contact an officer in-game if you require further information, we wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications