Application - Balance Druid, Miraclous

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Application - Balance Druid, Miraclous

Postby Miraclous » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:49 pm

Personal information
Languages: English and Dutch
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): Nothing known at the moment

General character information:
Name: Miraclous
Class: Druid
Raid Role: Balance
Battle tag: Miraclous#2800

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear):
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /miraclous

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional:
https://i.imgur.com/q3TZmDY.jpg
It is a bit messy because I haven’t fixed everything yet since patch 8.0, such as keybinds and macros etc (actually lost all WA’s and had to copy an old set from my beta account).

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?
Not really, I’ve only ever played balance druid on progress.

Guild Background:
Please give an overview of your guild history:
TBA / Prosperity Gaming (Merged) – Tarren Mill: Tier 11
The team that merged with Prosperity Gaming all went to Huhuholics.
Huhuholics-Tarren Mill: Firelands & Dragon Soul
Wanted to raid more hardcore and someone I knew raided in Solidarity so I went there.

Solidarity-Outland: Mogu’Shan Vaults
Got recruited by Apex after 2 weeks in MSV, decided to stay with the guild for another 2 weeks after announcing I’d leave to the GM to help them out.

Apex-Al’Akir: Heart of Fear & Terrace of Endless Spring
Was fun to experience this hardcore raiding, but it was not sustainable for a longer period of time so I went back to my friends in Huhuholics.

Huhuholics-Tarren Mill: Throne of Thunder
Raiding here was too casual for me so I went to Immersion.

Immersion-Frostmane: Throne of Thunder
Got RSI while raiding here which forced me to take a break from gaming. (a year or so) Later I returned to my friends in Solidarity which had just remade the guild.

Solidarity EU-Tarren Mill: Siege of Orgrimmar
Got approached by several guilds to join them. In the end Solidarity was going to disband again since the officers could not afford the time to run the guild so I joined Consequence.

Consequence-Nordrassil: Highmaul, Blackrock Foundry & Hellfire Citadel
I did all of Warlords of Draenor with Consequence, then I had to take a break due to a busier schedule at university. When I returned mid-Nighhold Consequence had just disbanded and a couple of people decided to remake Inner Sanctum so I joined them.

Inner Sanctum-Silvermoon: Nighthold
Had to quit again due to university. I did not intend to start raiding again for a while when a couple months later my former GM from Consequence asked me to join Echoes so I did.

Echoes-Laughing Skull: Tomb of Sargeras & Antorus

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?
I don’t have the time/desire to spend/reserve 4/5 nights a week on WoW anymore. Additionally there was a disagreement amongst the officers on some issues on how to continue.

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?
All raids cutting edge/ahead of the curve since Cataclysm, except Gul’dan.
Echoes is a world top 100 guild.
Solidarity, Immersion and Consequence were world top 40 guilds.
Apex was a world top 10 guild.
The other guilds were more relaxed on less demanding schedules.

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?
Nice question!
In recent memory it was either Fallen Avater or Kil’Jaeden. Both bosses took 350+ pulls and were not very fun to do. Avatar movement was hard because of the beam soaking in P1 and meteor soaking in P2 where bad communication with your raid would cause an instant wipe. Then if you didn’t get the right RNG in P2 to use immunities on the debuffs you still wiped. Kil’Jaeden was hard because it had intermission 1 on which I have literally wasted hours of my life doing nothing, and then you had to get on with the fight. There were quite a few times where I did not remember if I was in P1 or P2 due to the repetitiveness. Then in P3 in the end I had to drop the markers for the pillar laser safe spots due to the inconsistencies we had there.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:
Antorus, I was not focussing on doing good rankings during farm here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=1
Tomb, here I focussed more on farm dps (more time and enjoyed the spec more): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... e=detailed

Additional Information:
Why do you want to join Avalerion?
After I decided to quit in Echoes my choice was either to quit or to find a guild that suited the times that I could raid. I also wanted to go back to alliance since it’s where I started and it’s always been the faction I enjoyed more. From there Avalerion was the highest ranked alliance guild that suited my time schedule and it seems good enough to progress at a decent pace even on only 6 hours a week.
Though those are only really the basic criteria. The reason I really want to join is to have fun with a group of nice people and I hope that that’s Avalerion.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?
I have experience in all levels of raiding from casual to 24/7 raiding. I have seen all bosses from the last 4 expansions and tested all BFA bosses on Beta as well.
Additionally I just want to have a good time, so I’m a chill guy to have around.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?
No, I dislike playing alts (at serious levels). Boomkin forever!
Miraclous

Main Character: Miraclous

Re: Application - Balance Druid, Miraclous

Postby Shedo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi Miraclous,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I am pleased to inform you that your application has been successful! Please contact an officer for an invite or further questions.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications