Application - Mage

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Application - Mage

Postby Camjee » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Personal information

Languages: Norwegian/English
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): I work full time. When I work late I leave around 20:00-20:30. 10 min trip home.

General character information:

Name: Camjee
Class: Mage
Raid Role: Ranged DPS
Battle tag: Camjee#2197

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... rom/Camjee

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional: I just reformatted my PC so I lost all my screenshots but here's a picture from one of my youtube videos https://i.imgur.com/N1Fz6ac.jpg

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?
I've raided in all 3 specs

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history:
Nothing noteworthy before WoD.
First guild in WoD was "Aesir" on stormscale (I was an officer) It was a swedish/norwegian guild. We had pretty good recruitment before the expansion, we had 2 raid teams rolling. Pretty much put the shitters in 1 team and the above average people in the other. I was in the latter and we cleared heroic pretty fast. By the time we wanted to try mythic the other team had disbanded because of bad progression and people quitting. People quit from my team too and we struggled to get 20 people for raids. I pugged 1 heroic butcher kill for the shoulders and the leader convinced me to join his already 3/7 mythic guild.

This guild was Vici on some dead realm I can't remember. I did 5/7 mythic HM with them before BRF launched. Cleared heroic went on to mythic, killed beastmaster. GM wanted to do hanz&franz next but there was a dispute over tactics. Half the guild didn't agree with the GM's tactic (me included) and asked if we could try the tried and tested tactic most people used. GM threw a tantrum, some officers left after that raid and more followed. I started looking for a new guild aswell.

After this I joined Project Flying Monkey. They were 4/10 when I joined. Cleared all of WoD with them. Legion launched, we cleared EN and ToV on mythic. After NH launched I killed the first 3 bosses but 2 officers announced they would be leaving for other guilds. 1 of those officers were one of my better friends in the guild. Also another good friend in the guild had enough of the AP farming and quit the game. I had banked on arcane being the better spec for NH so I had farmed paragons for my arcane weapon and gotten some arcane legendaries before launch. Frost ended up being the better spec (in whichI had no AP in). This is where I quit the game for this time. I just couldn't be arsed to do the grind one more time. PFM merged with some other guild, they killed krosus but couldn't kill botanist. They stopped raiding around 2 weeks after I left.

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild? Guild is dead.

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?
Vanilla: -
TBC: Cleared Karazhan and ZG. Was pretty shit at the game
WotLK: Cleared Naxx 25, EoE 25, Sarth 2D, 7/14 ulduar. Also did 11/12N ICC on my rogue
Cata: 6/6 N BWD - 1/6HC, 5/5 N BoT, 2/2 N TFW.
MoP: Didn't raid. Hovered between 2200 and 2300 in RBGs.
WoD: 7/7M HM, 10/10 M BRF, 13/13 M HFC
Legion: 7/7M EN, 3/3M ToV, 3/10M NH - Quit game at krosus progression

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?
Probably Mythic Helya. Mages just got "fixed" and lost the cast while moving talent. There is so much movement during that fight that its hard to min max your dps. There is also a lot of shit going on in P3 where 1 person can wipe the entire raid.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:

EN: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... spec=Fire&
ToV: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... spec=Fire& (don't know why the helya rank is gone)
HFC: idk how to find the ranks now but heres the median https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/rank ... splay=best

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?

You're one of the few good ranked guilds (for a 2 day guild) that fit my schedule, I either raid mythic or I don't raid at all :)

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?

I'm very reliable when it comes to tactics, I've often sacrificed myself "for the greater good" if we're close to a kill.
I like to parse so I'll do my best when it comes to dps. I don't really care for ranks on progression, more on farm.
PFM was a very harsh and rugged guild who talked a lot of shit so when it comes to constructive criticism I don't get hurt :lol:

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?
at the moment i have these at lvl 110:
Mage, paladin, druid, rogue, dk, hunter, warrior.

I'll probably level my rogue after my mage and play that as an alt when I'm out of stuff to do on my mage.
Camjee

Main Character: Camjee

Re: Application - Mage

Postby Camjee » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:25 pm

I don't see an edit button but this is obviously an application for BFA. I'm not really geared for any mythic raids this tier :)
Camjee

Main Character: Camjee

Re: Application - Mage

Postby Shedo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:23 am

Hi Camjee,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful. Please contact an officer in-game if you require further information, we wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications