Application - Death Knight

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Application - Death Knight

Postby JVV88 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Personal information

Languages: Dutch & English
Any other information: On most Sundays I won't be available until after 20:00 server time, which is one of the reasons I was attracted to your guild. When it comes to Wednesdays, it should never really be a problem to be online at 20:15-20:30 unless something out of the ordinary happens.

General character information:

Name: Makama (or Meeni, if Blizzard ever decides to update my armory page)
Class: Death Knight
Raid Role: DPS and/or Tank
Battle tag: Oprah#21359

Provide a Link to your armory:
(ensure you're in your main spec gear):
I realize some pieces are not fully optimized yet but no worries about that happening in BFA. It's just that I've mostly been tanking in Legion.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... oon/Makama
(Currently it is still a little bugged because of a namechange)

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional:
This screen is not taken during a raid, but it is what my UI looks like when in a raid, except for the DBM timers: https://imgur.com/a/oo7xrf3

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?
I am able to fill in any role during a raid. I can be a DPS, a MT/OT or even a 3rd tank if you need me to

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history:
I've been in several guilds on Silvermoon, but the only one still alive is Inner Sanctum. The reason for leaving guilds as Malorum, Avarice, Gorilla Warfare, Obsidian and more is because they disbanded or fused with other guilds

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?
The guild I am currently in was doing very well in Legion. The time I need to invest to be able to raid with them in BFA will be too much for me though. So that is why I have decided to leave them and search for a guild that suits me better

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?
I've been raiding high-end for quite a few expansions now. You can see in my achievements list that I have every cutting edge achievement there is, all the way from patch 5.2 up to 8.0

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?
A tough question to answer for sure, but If I'd have to pick someone I would probably go for Kil'jaeden. He was a tough nut to crack with all the movement needed and the high damage income. I felt it was a fun fight though :)

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:
I can only provide you with logs of me being a tank. I do, however, have plenty experience with being a DPS and am able to put out the numbers that are needed to succeed.

https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... moon/Meeni
(I name changed a little while ago and Blizzard still hasn't updated my profile good enough)

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?
Like I said earlier in this application, I don't have the time to raid 3-5 days a week anymore so I went to WoWProgress.com and went through a lot of guilds to see what would fit me the best. Since all my IRL friends play Alliance it isn't really an option for me to go and find a Horde guild. A guild that has 1-2 raiding nights a week, preferably later in the evening, while still being able to hunt for Cutting Edge achievements is what I am after. Also, after playing on Silvermoon for quite a while I am looking for a bit of a lower populated server, since Silvermoon can get quite laggy during the evening (AH & Banks/Guildbanks mostly). After having searched for a guild with all these criteria, you guys were basically my number 1 pick :)

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?
With the experience I have in high-end raiding I think I can be a solid improvement to your roster. Be it as a DPS, a MT/OT or a 3rd tank. I've seen many boss encounters during WoW so I know how to stay calm and do my job the way it should be done. I saw you didn't have a DK DPS (if I'm not mistaken), but did see that you have quite some melee classes already. But I thought I might as well try and see what happens

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?

No, currently I do not have any significant alt. I will be leveling an alt in BFA though, but haven't decided on the class yet

P.S. If you have any questions about me or my Death Knight, feel free to ask. I realize the logs and armory can be a little bit confusing but I hope Blizzard updates it soon so I can update my wowprogress as well
JVV88

Main Character: Meeni

Re: Application - Death Knight

Postby JVV88 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:36 pm

I just now realized I gave you guys the wrong link when you asked for logs :lol:
Here are my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... moon/meeni. Sorry for the inconvenience
JVV88

Postby Shedo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi Makama, or Meeni, :)

Thank you for your application to Avalerion! We would like a chat with you on Discord before making a final decision, does tomorrow night suit you? My Discord ID is Shedi#2717.

Kind regards,

Shedi
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Postby JVV88 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Sure, I've added you
JVV88

Return to Applications